American History is an intense look into the formation of and influences on the events that have matured thirteen colonies into the world power that is the United States of America. We will focus on the rights and responsibilities of citizens and their governments.
- Understand the significance of the past and its influence on the present.
- Appreciate the challenge and opportunities created by an increasingly interdependent global community.
- Recognize the personal character traits of people who have made a difference in history.
- Read various types of information effectively while learning to ask appropriate questions to distinguish fact from conjecture.
- Research information using a variety of sources and communicate effectively.
- Teacher: Thomas Beard